Class Assignments and Extra Credit Assignments

 The assignments all look enjoyable. I love writing and I enjoy helping others improve their writing as well. However, I must admit that there is a certain fear in the idea of someone seeing these posts. I mean, of course people are going to see them, that's the point, but the vulnerability frightens me. The idea of being seen and even worse, of being known is something I think everyone is afraid of on some level. I think creative writing offers a look into a person's psyche in a way that other forms of writing do not. You can tell a lot about a person by the tropes they include in their stories. 

It is all terribly exciting. I think I'll try to focus on that instead. After all it is the chance for someone to possibly enjoy my writing. When I wanted to become an author as a kid I was always told that you have to be good at writing to do that, with the implication that I wasn't. Luckily, I don't think the same applies for blog posting and writing for classes. 

I'm going to think of this as a controlled way to let my guard down. 

(Broken shield statue: Wikimedia Commons)

-A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction of Two Personas

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Crane), Part B