Time Strategies
There's nothing quite as imposing as a time limit, is there?
(Image Information: personal photo of an hourglass; photo from October 2020)
Of the articles, I read The Myth of Too Busy by Tim Grahl, Eat the Frog First Thing in the Morning by Thomas Oppong, and Time Management Tips Just for Creatives by Amanda Oliver. I found Amanda Oliver's article to be the most helpful, as it included the same advice as the previous two while also acknowledging that time should be scheduled for breaks as well.
My personal time management style is to start with the earliest deadlines for assignments, and to get as much done as soon as possible. That way, I can devote more time to larger assignments without worrying about forgetting to do smaller assignments that may have an earlier deadline. It takes some time each semester for me to figure out how long I take to do weekly assignments, but once I do I can account for that as well. I plan to stick with my original schedule idea for this class, with one exception. I have pchem labs every week, but lab reports are not always due every week. Therefore, I will try to get ahead in this class on weekends where I do not have lab reports.

Comments
Post a Comment