Feedback Strategies

 The first article I read about giving feedback was How to Give Bad Feedback Without Being a Jerk by Adam Grant. I agreed with him that sandwiching negative feedback between positive feedback makes the positive sound disingenuous. I think sincerity is important when giving feedback. I also felt that it was good advice to "take yourself off a pedestal" when giving feedback. I always worry that the person I am giving feedback to will feel like I am being condescending.

The second article I read was How to Provide Great Feedback When You’re Not In Charge from Farnam Street Media. I felt that it brought up a good point when saying it was important to think of how you are giving feedback and what the intended purpose is. I liked that they broke down feedback into three categories and stated when it was best to use each category. I think it is important when giving feedback to consider which method best fits your intended goal.

I've always been hesitant to give feedback because I don't want people to think I am trying to write their story for them, if that makes sense. However, after reading the feedback gallery I think I can give feedback without feeling like that by just explaining my reasoning. It is like the articles said, one needs to be transparent and specific while giving feedback. 

(Ray Bradbury Quote on Life: Pixy)

-A.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction of Two Personas

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Crane), Part B