Reading Notes: Arabian Nights, Part A

 Bibliography: "King of the Black Isles" from Arabian Nights by Andrew Lang. Story Source.

Notes

  • There's a few things I would change in this story.
  • I don't really like the fact that the prince we are supposed to sympathize had a slave and mortally injured him. That is pretty messed up.
  • also the wife being his cousin is a big yikes
  • like, I don't think she should die for wanting to save her lover and get revenge on the man that hurt him.
  • so, either I should change the protagonist, or the antagonist 
  • Oh, what if the enchantress is keeping the prince's consort under a spell to keep him asleep
  • maybe she was in love with him, but he was in love with the prince
  • so she cursed them both
  • that's a much better story

(Image Information: Dr. Seuss fish; from Pixy)


-A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction of Two Personas

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Crane), Part B