Week 8 Comments and Feedback
I'm not sure how I would rate the feedback I have gotten so far. I wish I had more of it to compare with. I think I would give it a 7/10 (yes I mostly chose the number 7 because it is a significant number). I wish more of my feedback had suggestions, but I have been enjoying people telling me what they like about my stories. It tells me what my strong points are in storytelling, and by contrast it tells me which parts are not as strong.
As for my own feedback, it is difficult to rate it without someone telling me if it's useful, so I suppose I'll just rate it 7/10 as well. I think I'm helpful, but there's always room for improvement. My feedback style stems from the fact that I play D&D. Specifically that I am the DM, so it is my job to guide the narrative in our cooperative storytelling. I give feedback like I am DM-ing, I take the stories people have, and I make suggestions based on where I feel there is potential. It is less to improve, and more to expand on what is there; like the "yes, and" technique in improv. And reading other people's stories have given me some ideas as well. For example, I never would have considered a sci-fi interpretation of a myth, but I've read a lot of stories from other people doing just that.
I like getting to know people on our blogs. In fact, I might make an extra introduction post so that people who have already left comments can comment on that, and so I can add some things that I forgot in my original introduction. It all comes down to when I get a spare bit of time really. These past couple weeks have been horrendously busy and it shows no signs of slowing down.
I chose this image because it really resonated with me (also because the kitten is adorable). I have been working on my perfectionist tendencies throughout this semester and in fact throughout this year. It has been a journey coming to accept that creating something "imperfect" is better than not creating.
-A.

Comments
Post a Comment