Week 8 Progress

I am happy with my progress so far I think. As for what I am proud of so far, I would say for now it is the audio for my storybook project. I have never done anything like that before, but I think with enough practice I could get really good at it. Granted there's only so much I can do with a cheap headphone mic and a campus apartment with thin walls, but hey, it's a start. As for weekly routine, I have less of a routine and more of a "do as much as you can whenever there is time." At this point I pretty much just stop doing assignments for classes to eat, shower, and sleep (though lately that last one has been suffering). I think the assignments for this class I've enjoyed the most have been the stories and story labs. It is a lot of fun trying out new storytelling techniques and learning more about writing them each week. Plus I enjoy the creative freedom of taking a story and putting at least one twist on it. I haven't really had time to work on the extra credit assignments, unless you count half of week 5, and judging by the rest of my classes ramping up, I likely won't anytime soon. I'm really getting the hang of this blog thing I think. Who knows? I might keep it after this semester, maybe tell the occasional story in between studying for the MCAT. The website has been a little more of a challenge, but that is because it is relatively new. 

I think moving forward I might start putting extra posts on my blog. Something for people to comment on if they've already commented on my introduction, maybe a place to go into more detail about some things people found interesting in my introduction. For example, I could talk about what it's like having prosopagnosia. I think I am also going to try to get caught up in all my classes as well so I can do more for this class. I am not necessarily behind, but I like to be nearly a week ahead, so I can enjoy the weekend without worrying about assignments. In my writing I think I would like to try more styles, maybe I'll try to do a better poem at some point. Oh! I write riddles in my spare time, I might start putting those on here.

(Different Types of Inspiration by Sacha Chua on Flickr)

-A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction of Two Personas

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Crane), Part B