Week 8 Reading and Writing

I have changed a little bit in my blog design. I thought that background fit better in with my themes. I might try to change it later to specifically be the Pleiades constellation, maybe when I write that story. I like the writing assignments. It's been fun trying different creative styles in my stories, I just wish I had more time to devote to this class (or at the very least did not have to tale pchem lab). The reading notes are sort of helpful, but not really for the actual notes. I tend to use them more as a way to let my thoughts wander until I think of a story idea. I write the notes as if I am having a conversation with myself about the story, proposing ideas until I find one I like. I am proud of my Icarus retelling; I wish that one had gotten more comments. Also I was disappointed with my Odyssey story. It seems like the idea I was trying to portray did not come across well. 

(Image Information: Sun Wu Kong Lantern Display by Choo Yut Shing at Flickr)

I chose this image because it is incredible. Look at it. It is lanterns and it looks like Sun Wu Kung on the mountain of fruit and flowers and it is just so pretty. I haven't written anything about Sun Wu Kung yet but I would like to because I really like the Journey to the West and the Monkey King is my favorite. 

I am excited about my storybook project. Hopefully I'll get a lot of comments on it once I actually get stories posted for it. I think feedback could really help inspire my stories; since reading other people's stories has been giving me ideas for my own (like a lot of people do sci-fi twists in their retellings, that could be fun).

-A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction of Two Personas

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm (Crane), Part B